Date: October 17th, 2017
Sauce Recipe: https://cookieandkate.com/2016/enchilada-sauce-recipe/
- Cook and shred 1 lb of chicken breasts/thighs. I did breasts in the InstantPot with 2 cups of broth and some seasonings.
- Saute an onion and several cloves of garlic in butter until the onions are softened
- Add 1 tbsp chili powder, 1 tbsp cumin, and 1/2 tbsp of salt and saute for another minute.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook until warmed through. Take off heat
- Shred a bunch of cheese
- Start your tortilla assembly line:
- A scoop of the chicken mixture
- A spoonful of the enchilada sauce
- A pinch of cheese
- Wrap the tortilla up and place it in the pan
- Top the tortillas with the enchilada sauce and then more cheese
- Add some cilantro on top if you like cilantro
- Bake at 350 for ~30 minutes, uncovered
Time to table: 90 minutes
Servings: A 13×9 pan of enchiladas, plus two extra
Notes: These enchiladas are the best we’ve ever made, thanks to the sauce recipe that our friends Maggie and Pat used last time they made enchiladas. I doubled the sauce recipe to make 4 cups and I’m glad I did, as two cups would not have been enough.
I worked from home today, so made the sauce and the chicken earlier in the day, which made dinner time a lot easier. Still creates a lot of dishes to clean up though.