Date: June 16, 2011
- 15 oz coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1-2 T curry paste
- 1 T brown sugar
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 T fish sauce
- 1 inch of ginger, peeled and diced
- 1-2 thai chilies (optional, for heat)
- 2 c broccoli
- 2 c sweet potato, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Start cooking 1-2 cups rice. I like to make extra and use the leftover rice for fried rice.
- Food process the brown sugar, garlic, fish sauce, ginger, and thai chilis. Maybe add some of the broth to make it process easier.
- mix the first four ingredients into a saucepan and add the mixture from the food processor.
- simmer for 5-10 minutes to let everything cook together and then serve the curry over rice (I like basmati rice).
Modifications: I skip the thai chilies and just add spice to my portion, in deference to Erin and Annie
Time to table: 30 minutes
Servings: 3 adult meals, 1 toddler meal
Notes: This is really easy to make and versatile as you can use any number of vegetables or meat in the curry. On a side note, rice and Annie don’t seem to mix, as rice is a pain to clean off floors and carpet.
Not feeling the broccoli so much.