Date: May 25, 2011
Recipe: Inspired from many sites when searching this morning.
- 1 green pepper
- 1/2 cup diced sweet potato
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 stalk diced celery
- 1 cup black beans
- 3 cloves diced garlic
- cumin, chili powder
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Cut the top off of the green pepper. Cut out the stem of the top and dice the remaining top part
- Saute the diced green pepper top, sweet potato, celery, and onion until the potato is soft, 5-7 minutes
- Add the garlic for 1 minute
- Add the black beans, cumin, and chili powder for a few minutes, until the beans are hot
- Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl
- Add the shredded cheese and mix until the cheese is melted
- Add the sour cream
- Fill the topless green pepper with the mixture, refrigerate leftovers
- Put the filled green pepper on a baking sheet and bake at 400 for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and cut down the middle to eat
Time to table: 15 minutes prep, 15 minutes baking time
Servings: 1 adult lunch, 1 toddler dinner (Annie is having the leftover mixture for dinner tonight).
Notes: This was pretty good, would have been better with more cheese. I also like roasting the pepper over the grill better than baking. Annie was a fan of the black beans, at first, but then devolved into her just being angry at the world. She was in an odd mood tonight, so who knows?