Tuna salad

Time to table: 30 minutes

Recipe:

• 1 can tuna
  • 1 shredded carrot
  • 2 stalks celery, diced
  • 4 garlic cloves, diced & sauteed
  • β€œsome” onion, diced & sauteed
  • 2 large handfuls of spinach, lightly sauteed
  • shredded cheese
  • about 1 cup mayonnaise
  • salt, pepper, other spices to taste (I used garlic granules and red pepper)
  • 1 pound pasta
  1. Combine everything but the pasta and mix together
  2. Drain and cool the pasta with cold water, mix with everything else
  3. Eat

Servings: This makes enough for 4 adult portions.

Ben: Love

Erin: Like

Annie: Like

Notes: I’m the only one who ate this so far, I just made it for lunch today. I like tuna salad because you can throw whatever you want in there as long as you have tuna, pasta, and mayo. Other options are peas, water chestnuts, grapes, bell peppers, cilantro, green onions, tomato, any other green (kale, chard, etc). I also topped mine with a bit of sriracha.

Tuna Salad

This entry was posted in carrot, celery, cheese, garlic, greens, lunch, onion, pasta, spinach, tuna. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Tuna salad

1. Jen Cox says:

I am going to make this, it looks good! But you said 1-2 cups of Mayonnaise? Did you mean 1/2 cup??

Jen

2. ben says:

Ha, Erin was astounded when I wrote that too. It was probably about 1 cup, I didn’t measure it, I just took a couple large spoonfuls until it looked like it would cover everything.

3. Erin says:

That’s what I said when I read this too, Jen πŸ™‚ It DOES make quite a bit – uses a whole pound of pasta, so 1 cup isn’t that out of whack. Ben said he didn’t measure really, but it was probably close to 1 cup. What can I say, he likes his mayo!

4. Janelle says:

Please add Janelle = love since I tried it. I see Sriacha on there which I’ll definitely have to try.

5. Jen Cox says:

Thanks for letting me know! : )

6. Miranda says:

This looks amazing! I am very excited about your new blog adventure, as I’ve often spotted Erin’s leftovers at work and they always look delicious. I think this may inspire me to have more leftovers of my own. πŸ™‚

7. Pingback: Tuna Pea Salad – We got fed