Date: June 19, 2011
Recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/New-York-Potato-Salad-1454 (very loosely based)
- about 8 small red potatoes
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 stems green garlic, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- Chopped garlic chives
- Salt & Pepper
1. Quarter potatoes and boil until fork tender.
2. Fry bacon, when done remove from pan and chop.
3. Add pepper, onion, and celery to bacon grease and saute until soft.
4. Mix vinegar, mustard, mayo, yogurt, sugar and paprika in a medium bowl, season with salt and pepper.
5. Put potatoes, veggies, and bacon in a bowl. Toss with dressing and top with chives. Can be eaten warm or cold.
Modifications: See above. I cut up the potatoes small for Annie. Garlic chives and green garlic were used because we have some from our CSA.
Time to table: 30 minutes
Servings: 4 side dishes
Notes: This was inspired by our recent visit to Black Forest Inn – I found a recipe that sounded vaguely similar on epicurious and just modified it to suit the way we remembered the potato salad there. This was delicious as a side dish to a grilled brat on a summer evening! Annie was not a huge fan of the potato salad but did enjoy her brat.